Allied Health Therapists
Improve movement, strength & endurance.
Therapies can make positive differences to children and adults with disabilities.
Our therapies can support yourself, your child, or your teenager to improve their movement, strength and endurance to live more active and independent lives. Our team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists and social workers can assist you to reach goals through specialised techniques.
Depending on the goals for yourself or your family member your dedicated therapy team will be made up of a range of allied health professionals to work in partnership with you such as:
- Occupational therapists (OTs)
- Speech pathologists
- Social workers
- Deafblind consultants
- Orientation & mobility specialists
- Therapy assistants
‘Occupation’ relates to the tasks which a person does in their day-to-day life, which may be limited as a result of experiencing a disability, delay, illness and/or injury. These can include, but are not limited to:
- Social skills and play
- Emotional regulation
- Sensory processing
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Cognitive skills
Through a combination of therapy to develop a person’s skills, adaptations to the activity or environment, and assistive technology, an Occupational Therapist can support the person to maximise independence and reach their full potential by doing the following things:
- Functional assessments
- Individual therapy based in the school, home, clinic or community
- SOS feeding – individual and group programs
- Early childhood intervention
- School aged therapy
- Adult therapy
- Sensory services
- Minor home modifications (e.g. ramps and rails)
- Assessment and referrals for major home modifications
- Assistive Technology applications (Category 3 & 4 –NDIS)
- Assistive Technology recommendations for category 1 and 2 equipment (e.g. kitchen and bathroom aids)
- Group therapy including:
- Social skills groups
- Self-care and independence skills groups
- Fine and gross motor skill development groups
- Emotional regulation groups
Physiotherapists have a wide range of skills to draw from, these include exercise prescription, retraining and learning new movement patterns, providing assistive technology, and providing training to those supporting you.
Our physiotherapists are experts in:
- Gross Motor Development
- Participation and inclusion in physical activity
- Respiratory management
- Falls Assessments and Interventions
- Manual handling
- Assistive technology
- Post intervention therapy support
- Hydrotherapy and other group activities
- Liaising with other health professions
Early intervention therapies
Early intervention therapies including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech pathology can make positive differences to children with disabilities. Early intervention will help your child realise their full potential during this important time.
Angelic Care provides high quality evidenced based Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) therapy services for children and families.
We work in partnership with you to support and enhance your child’s participation and development potential in the following ways:
- We develop a shared vision with you of your child, their interests, strengths and areas to develop
- We provide specialist therapists to promote your child’s development and learning
- We support your child’s development and participation in their natural environments at home, at school and in their local community
Our therapy services support you and your child/teenager with:
- Everyday routines and activities – developing independence with toileting, bathing, dressing, sleeping, brushing teeth and hair
- Successful mealtimes – eating, drinking and mealtime participation
- Fine motor skills – using hands and fingers for everyday tasks like drawing, handwriting, cutting, using a spoon and play
- Gross motor skills – sitting, crawling, walking, running, going up stairs, using the playground and playing sports
- Communication skills – learning to talk and express wants and needs, thoughts and feelings and understanding others
- Thinking and learning skills – playing, paying attention, exploring, remembering, understanding and problem solving
- Social and emotional skills – relating to others in a positive way, managing emotions and learning independence
Speech and language pathology
Our speech and language pathologists can help your child with communication, literacy, speech and language. They will also work with your child to overcome eating, drink and swallowing difficulties.
Social work and counseling
Our support workers can work with you during challenging periods of change by listening to you and offering support, advice, providing management strategies and advocacy as well.
Therapy groups for kids
Kids can learn valuable social skills and make new friends through our group therapy sessions. These sessions are interactive and allow your child to work towards their goals in a fun and social space.
Our physiotherapists can work with children and adults through hydrotherapy or water-based activities to improve mobility, flexibility, muscle strength and balance. These fun activities can also help reduce swelling and pain.
We offer assistive technology solutions to make everyday life easier, so your child can participate in community activities with confidence and more independence.
Social support and activities
Your teen or you can connect with their community by accessing our support services. If you want to go to a concert, head to the beach with friends or try a new hobby and meet new friends in a planned group activity, we can help. We take the time to get to know you and or your teen, their interests and their goals and match them with likeminded social workers and activities.
We can support you or your child to live an independent life with confidence and dignity with our personal care services. Our friendly registered nurses can provide support at home in areas such as personal hygiene, mobility assistance, meal preparation and assistance and massage therapy.
Equipment and aids
We can organise the right equipment and aids to make everyday life easier. We provide advice on how to use communication technologies and can prescribe mobility and aids to optimize independence.
Transition to work or study
At Angelic Care we support school leavers to transition into work or study, guiding them through the unknown. Our programs are designed to equip young adults with the skills they need to successfully transition to employment. We also can link your teen with a range of employment pathways to suit their strengths, interests and abilities. We provide teens with support and encourage them to have the confidence to chase the opportunities that inspire them.
Linking you with support
We have a team of highly experienced specialist support connection coordinators qualified to assist when situations may be more complex. By managing challenges in the support environment and ensuring consistent delivery of services, clients can continue to achieve their individual goals and overall plan objectives.
Reach out to us for the advice and support you need to understand the diagnosis, funding options and support services available. We understand the challenges of navigating a new system at an emotional time and will be there for you when you need us most, providing you with the right relevant information and peace of mind that you or your child is getting the most out of life. We offer case management and support coordination services and have a strong network of support service partners too.
How we work with you
We will set up an initial appointment with you to get to know you. Our customer service managers can work with you to set individual goals and put together a plan to help you reach their goals, with regular monitoring and modifications as necessary. We can talk you through the right options for your situation, be it work or study transition and opportunities, access to therapy, home care, social connections or assistive technologies and answer any questions you have about funding including the NDIS.
Specialising in High Complex Care needs
What makes us different?
We offer services for adults and children throughout regional and metro Gold Coast down to Tweed South, Regional and metro Brisbane and surrounding areas, in their own homes, community settings and our Activity Bases. We have experienced, professional, friendly staff that are willing to go the extra mile.
Angelic Care offers flexible and responsive services enabling individuals and their families to dip in and out of different types of provisions as required to suit their fluctuating needs. Angelic Care can often provide services at short notice.