Teachers & Schools
Supporting children from an early age.
Giving the best start in life
Supporting children from an early age gives them the best start for later life, which is why we offer services both in home and at school. We work closely to understand each child’s needs and deliver services in their school to nurture their educational journey and instill confidence in their ability to achieve their goals.
Supporting students with disabilities
Our specialised child therapists can work with teachers to provide the right advice, information and support to assist children with learning at school such as:
- Reading and writing
- Communication assistance including using facilitated communication books and technology
- Comprehension of tasks, concentration and following instructions
- Peer interaction
Specialist Disability Support in Schools (SDSS)
The Department of Education and Training funds school support for students with a disability. SDSS support includes:
- Contribution to the ICP (Individual Curriculum Plan) or ISP (Individual Support Plan) process by providing information, assistance with goal development, attendance at meetings and other necessary input as negotiated.
- Information and training to teachers and therapists in relation to areas such as equipment use, technology, environment modifications and learning outcome achievements.
- Providing therapy programs for the child’s skills development.
- Advice on specialised equipment such as equipment for communication, mobility, learning and mealtimes to maximise participation at school.
- Providing therapy assessments to gather information regarding ongoing support needs.
Speak to one of our friendly customer service managers today to discuss what we can offer and how to make a referral.
Workshops and education for teachers
We provide workshops to assist teachers to better understand how to maximise learning opportunities for children with a disability. Our workshops can cover information to suit you including topics such as using switches to function, iPad accessibility, hands on with Clicker Six and visual perception and handwriting.
Getting to know you is important to us. All programmes and goals are tailored to your interests and abilities. One of our friendly customer care managers will spend some time with you to understand your interests and abilities and together we work with you to design a program tailored to your needs. All of our support workers have been trained in applying positive psychology and focusing on context-based teaching, recognition, and repetition of learning to ensure you get the most out of our day programmes.
With more then 30 years on the field experience in connecting allied supports and building personal care teams, we are here for you and or your loved ones.
We build highly trained teams for direct care and understand the high complex requirements to link you with the best professionals in the industry. We help you to achieve your life goals and learn new life skills.
Specialising in High Complex Care needs
What makes us different?
We offer services for adults and children throughout regional and metro Gold Coast down to Tweed South, Regional and metro Brisbane and surrounding areas, in their own homes, community settings and our Activity Bases. We have experienced, professional, friendly staff that are willing to go the extra mile.
Angelic Care offers flexible and responsive services enabling individuals and their families to dip in and out of different types of provisions as required to suit their fluctuating needs. Angelic Care can often provide services at short notice.